Lock Nuts Specifications
LOCKNUT STYLES: Automation, Flange, Collar, Nylon Insert, Weld
- ISO, IFI, DIN, JIS
- Auto & Truck OEM
- Application specific
- Inch: Grades A, B, C
- Metric: ISO Class 6, 8, 9 and 10
With each locking feature, Ramco can custom-engineer your lock nut to perform to your specific requirements. Adjustments to the style, location and distortion of the locking feature allows us to adjust the prevailing torque. Engineering-specific coatings and wax applications allow us to dial-in specific torque-at-clamp requirements.
- Ramco Lock is a top/side lock which distorts threads on the top and side of the nut. Since this distortion is lower in the nut, more material is moved, allowing for a more consistent prevailing torque. The oval design also helps eliminate trapping plating to minimize galling for thicker coatings.
- Top Lock features are available in 2- and 3-hit configurations. Both size and location for these features can be varied to meet customer specific requirements.
- Center Lock features can be added across the entire flat of the nut. This locking feature allows for reversible nut installation.
Ramco controls the critical characteristics affecting the performance of our lock nuts.
- Our design engineers will recommend the optimal locking feature design for your applications.
- IN-process SPC is utilized to maintain process control as the locking feature is applied. Finished Torques are verified and certified using RS Technologies testing equipment is verified and certified using RS Technologies testing equipment.
SURFACE TREATMENT SPECIALISTS
- Recommendations by requirements by OEM Standards
- Develop custom finishes to meet customer requirements
- RoHS Compliant
- IMDS documentation
- CQI 9, 11 certifications